Hadar's Clay Metal Clay - One-Fire Flex - White Satin
This clay comes in dry powder form. The dry powder can be kept for years. Mix only the amount you need so you always have fresh clay with the perfect texture. You'll have longer working time and a more workable product when the clay is mixed fresh as you need it.One-Fire Flex identical to other One-Fire clays in consistency (powder),
shrinkage, and firing schedule. The difference is that when they are rolled to dry sheets, they stay flexible, which makes them especially fit for use with a cutting and embossing machine, such as the Silhouette, as well as with punches and scissors. They can be used in combination with One-Fire clays.
Kiln fire temperatures vary depending on the kiln type (brick or muffle). Click on the "TechSpecs" tab above to view or print.
Want quick tips from Artist and Instructor, Cindy Pope? Click on the "Product Tips" tab.
Hadar Jacobson recommends using only olive oil as a metal clay conditioner and/or release for her products.
Click Here for Complete Instructions, including mixing instructions and firing schedules.
Hadar’s Clays Dos and Don’ts
- Do use only the recommended carbon.
- Do use round stainless container or silica crucible.
- Do raise the firing vessel up from kiln floor using stilts.
- Do cover pieces with 2 inches of carbon.
- Do mix entire container of clay (not necessary with steel and flex clays).
- Do mix with distilled water.
- Don’t use any additives except water and olive oil (sparingly).
- Don’t cover container.
- Don’t over wet clay when mixing.
- Don’t put vessel on fiberboard.
- Don’t use a fiber container.
- Don’t let the vessel touch the thermocouple.