Lid and Base Options
Order your kiln with the options you'll need for the techniques and materials you'll be working with. The Caldera base model is shipped with a standard lid.
Kiln Furniture Option
- The Bead Collar allows beadmakers to insert hot glass mandrels into the kiln for annealing while preserving the interior temperature. Includes mandrel rest. Note that the maximum internal temperature with the bead collar in place is 2000F.
- The Viewport option allows you to monitor the progress of things like enamels and glass. The 2"x2" ceramic window is rated to 2300F, so there is no limitation in temperature or performance with the Viewport.
- The combination Bead Collar and Viewport option includes both the Bead Collar and the viewing window in the lid.
The props used to hold items during firing are called kiln furniture. Kiln shelves and kiln posts are the basic kiln furniture that every kiln owner should have. This kit includes 2 different shelves to cover all the items you are likely to fire as a metal clay artist.
- 7" x 7" x 5/8" hard ceramic kiln shelf used when firing glass,
ceramics, metal clay, and enamels
- Set of 4 1/2" high kiln posts. Used to elevate a kiln shelf or firing vessel for even heating and to separate kiln shelves during firing.
- 1lb bag of kiln wash. Used to prepare a kiln shelf for an enamel or glass firing.
The Caldera plugs into a 3-prong household outlet and draws 1800 watts. Hourly cost to operate on average: 17 cents. Kiln Location
The Calderas ship with a sturdy 2 1/2"
high x 14" x 12 3/4" steel stand, complete with mar-proof rubber feet.
The surface will
not heat during firing thanks to the elevated firing box and insulating properties of the fire brick construction.Maintenance
Your kiln will give you years of trouble-free service as long as you are good to it. Keep the inside clean and follow proper firing procedures. The
heating elements have a lifespan that is use-dependent, and for most
people, will last for years. When it is time to replace the heating elements, they are easily unpinned and replaced.
The kiln is warrantied to be free of defects in workmanship for a period of 1 year from date of shipment. Manufacturer will repair or replace any parts that become defective under normal and proper use during the specified period.Entire warranty can be read here
Standard door and colors normally ship 1 week from order, but can take up to 2 weeks during promotions and holidays. Please allow at least 2 weeks time for your customized kiln to be built and shipped. When your kiln arrives, call us at 888-478-5060 for setup assistance if you need it. We'll have you up and running in minutes.
This model can be ordered in different voltages for destinations outside the United States. Please contact us
to place a special order.
View our video (below) to learn how
easy it is to operate the Paragon Caldera kiln using the 3-button digital controller.
Our example shows and SC2 kiln, however the controller is exactly the same.ManualsSentry Xpress 4.0 Digital ControllerParagon Caldera Series Kiln Owners Manual
Not sure what kiln you want?
We can help! Check out our resources for helping you choose the right kiln for your studio.