Features & Videos
Goldie Bronze - de la Rosa 100 gram
- First, stir the powdered clay well in its original container, to ensure it is properly mixed,
and then put the desired amount of powder into a smaller container.
- Add about a dozen drops of water or spray in a little water and mix with a knife or spoon,
adding more water as required, until you get a clay of a plasticine like consistency.
- Roll the lump clay out thinly and fold over. Roll again, rolling away from the fold. Repeat
this action several times. This is very important to ensure that all the air is removed from
the clay and to get a smooth consistency before using. Insert into a plastic bag or container
and wait for 30 minutes.
- To join elements in Goldie de la Rosa Bronze™ clay mix a little powder with water to
make a paste. Elements can also be joined with the water only method in the same way as
- Pieces can be dried naturally or by using heat, e.g. on a hotplate or in a dehydrator. Dry at
90°C (195°F) or lower. Higher temperatures may cause cracking, and if steam appears it
might create bubbles in the material.
- Remember to always clean your tools well between using different types of metal clay to
avoid cross contamination. The above tip does not apply to Goldie Metal™ line products,
because they can be mixed with Mokume Gane or other techniques.
- Ensure the clay is completely dry before firing. Any moisture will boil and ruin the piece.
- Place the elements on a steel net, put into the kiln and fire for 20 minutes in 350°C/670°F during the first stage.
- Carefully remove the steel net from the kiln and place on a heatproof surface. Fill the bottom of the container with carbon, with a layer of at least 1 cm. Carefully place the elements on the carbon layer. Fill the container with a layer of activated coconut shell carbon with a minimum depth 1cm (1/2”) over the pieces. Cover with a stainless steel lid and place back into the kiln. The elements can be fired without cover as well, but then you have to remember that a bit more carbon will be used then. the use of. Full ramp to 935°C (1715°F) and hold for 1h30min. This period of time can be reduced even to 50 minutes, we encourage you to experiment.
- Fired pieces can be removed from the kiln hot or cold.